February 8, 2012

Dinner Braids

I was bouncing along Pinterest one day recently when I came across this idea to stuff dinner inside a bread braid. I thought about how lazy I am when it comes to baking breads. And how generally lazy I am in making dinner when I have no other adults to feed any give night. So, I immediately wrote off the bread braid idea.

One night while staring at my fridge - praying a fully prepared dinner would randomly show up on a shelf - I noticed a tube of Pillsbury crescent dough. You know, the kind that rolls out in one whole sheet. And that's when I realized I, too, could be fancy!


Bread Braid:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Unroll crescent dough. Roll out or press out slightly with fingers.
3. Fill center third with whatever filling you want (see below for ideas)
4. Make cuts about an inch apart along the remaining two-thirds of the dough.
5. Braid pieces over each other.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Simple, right?
Isn't it pretty?

Filling Ideas:

- Ham and cheese
- Pesto, mozzerella & sliced tomato
- Peanut butter, banana, and jelly

- Small meatballs, marinara, mozzerella
- Pizza fillings
- Grilled veggies and cheese
- Taco fillings

Go Try it. See how awesome it is. Everyone will think you're fancy, too!
If you try any other fillings, let me know! I love new ideas!

2 comments: